Police reports: Downers Grove for July 10
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Fire at McCollum Park investigated as arson
A fire caused damage to the men’s and women’s rooms of a McCollum Park concession stand July 3.
A walker in the park called 911 when she saw smoke coming from the building about 5:25 a.m. July 3, according to Downers Grove police.
Upon arrival, police and firefighters found a fire set in a men’s bathroom trashcan and smoke coming from a locked women’s room.
A portion of the wall on the women’s side also was smoldering, according to police, and there was fire coming from the top of the south-facing gables. Firefighters broke in the women’s room and found a fire had been set in its trash can.
Downers Grove police said the damage was minimal. The fire department did not provide information and said the fire still is under investigation.
Ryan C. Minch, 28, 26 S. Wilmette Ave., Westmont, was charged with aggravated assault at 2:50 p.m. July 2 in the 800 block of Burlington Avenue.
• Someone took a wallet from a vehicle parked in the 5000 block of Cornell Avenue between 10 and 11:30 p.m. June 27. There are no suspects.
• Someone entered an open garage in the 1000 block of Carol Street between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. July 1 and took a Purple Resonance DBX girl’s 24-inch bicycle. There are no suspects.
• Joshua N. Slawkin, 19, 212 Justina St., Hinsdale, was charged with retail theft at 7:07 p.m. Sunday in the 3300 block of Finley Road.
• Ryan C. Buado, 28, 18W173 Claremont Drive, Darien, was charged with theft at 2 p.m. Friday at the Downers Grove Police station.
• Ryan Fleming, 22, 1478 McCormick Place, Wheaton, was charged with retail theft at 11:50 a.m. July 1 in the 2900 block of Finley Road.
• Lee Terry, 44, 7421 Winwood Way, Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 11:21 p.m. Friday at his residence.
• Corey J. Cochran, 40, 3150 Finley Road, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 1:11 a.m. July 3 at his residence.
• James G. Stavropoulos, 31, 4407 Pershing Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 9:49 p.m. July 2 at his residence.
Someone damaged an electric lantern and brickwork between 10 p.m. June 29 and 10 a.m. June 30 at the end of a driveway in the 4000 block of Belle Aire Lane. There are no suspects.
• Marlene Stark, 40, 124 S. Vine St., Hinsdale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:29 a.m. Sunday at 55th and Florence streets.
• Mark A. Nielsen, 50, 1125 W. Royal St., Naperville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:05 p.m. Saturday at 31st Street and Rosewood Place.
• Frank W. Klatt, 57, 15152 Freedom Way, Plainfield, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia and no headlights at 1:57 a.m. Saturday at 63rd Street and Springside Avenue.
• Cynthia K. Rock, 59, 2945 Wellington Ave., Lisle, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:06 a.m. Friday in the 4100 block of Fairview Avenue.
• Rigoberto Calan-Toto, no age given, 7520 Orchard Lane, Woodridge, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, no insurance, driving while license suspended, failure to yield to emergency vehicle and improper lane usage at 1:44 a.m. June 30 at Maple Avenue and Belmont Road.
• Anthony J. Matan, 1216 Country Lane, Lemont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic control device and speeding at 12:38 a.m. June 30 at Main and Franklin streets.
• Brandon J. Badtke, 25, 1704 N. 18th Ave., Melrose Park, was charged with driving under the influence, resisting a peace officer and improper lane usage at 4:05 a.m. June 28 in the 7400 block of Dunham Road.
• Patrick O’Malley, 30, 7829 Valley View Lane, Woodridge, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 7:04 p.m. June 28 in the 5200 block of Washington Street.
• Ian M. Wallace 25, 22W660 Poplar Road, Glen Ellyn, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and illegal transportation of alcohol at 2:50 a.m. June 28 at Butterfield and Woodcreek roads.
• Andrew G. Witik, 52, 7608 Baimbridge Drive, Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and driving while license suspended at 11:46 p.m. June 28.