Fire leaves Winfield shed unusable
WINFIELD – The Winfield Fire Protection District responded to a fire late July 4 that left a storage shed unusable at 27W710 Roosevelt Road in Winfield, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded to the fire at 11 p.m. and upon arrival, found the shed consumed by flames, Lt. David Formento said. With help from personnel from Wheaton, West Chicago and Warrenville, the fire was extinguished in about 20 minutes.
No injuries were caused by the fire, but the about 12-by-30 foot shed suffered heavy damage to its structure, Formento said. Belongings inside the shed, including a lawn tractor, were damaged as well.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, he said.
More West Chicago News
- D-200 officials, union address effect of state pension plan
- West Chicago encourages residents to 'shop local' with The 3/50 Project
- McGuire: Family Shelter Service offers safety and support during the holidays
- West Chicago library program brings reading material to youth correction center
- New Winfield Ronald McDonald House to open in 2015
- Controversial $4M plan to fix failing Winfield roads will cause property tax hike
- With agreement signed, West Chicago Wiant House will live again
- Residents invited to 'Pack the Gym,' donate food during Special Olympics game at Hubble
- West Chicago D-33, police partner to keep schools safe
- West Chicago resident wins $4M in Illinois Lottery