Elmhurst resident Brittany Smith crowned new Miss Illinois
MARION – An Irish dancing medical assistant from Elmhurst is the new Miss Illinois, according to the Miss Illinois website.
Brittany Smith, who competed as Miss Northern Suburbs, beat out 31 other pageant hopefuls for the crown June 29 and will now have the chance to compete for Miss America this September.
In addition to her work in the medical field, Smith, a graduate of York High School and Purdue University, according to her Miss Northern Suburbs bio, is also a dancer for the Chicago Rush Adrenaline Dance Team. She was a member of the dance team at Purdue and York and previously competed for Miss Indiana her senior year of college, where she placed third runner-up.
In this year's Miss Illinois competition, she won the talent portion for her rendition of the Irish dance "Reel Around the Sun," according to the pageant's website. She takes the crown from 2012 winner Megan Ervin from Rushville.
More Cities News
- Nearly 9,000 runners set record at Dan Gibbon's Turkey Trot
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Solid starts for Hinsdale Central, South boys basketball
- Red Devils remain perfect with win over York
- Lions off to roaring start to season
- Shop with a Cop set for this Saturday in Lombard
- Lombard Fire Dept. adds safety measure with new stretcher system
- Downtown parking lot acquisition benefits village, condo owners
- Donations being collected for Washington, Ill. during Hinsdale's Saturdays in the park
- Carol Stream police arrest man on child porn charges