World War II veteran celebrates birthday at York Township
|York Township Supervisor John W. Valle presents Ed Topol with a birthday cake at the York Township Senior Nutrition Center on June 21. Topol is a World War II veteran who celebrated his 91st birthday on June 22. (Photo provided)|
LOMBARD – On June 21, local resident Ed Topol celebrated his 91st birthday with York Township Supervisor John W. Valle at the York Township Senior Nutrition Center. His actual birthday was a day later on June 22.
Topol is a World War II veteran who was drafted into the Army in 1942, served in the European theatre and received the Bronze Star for meritorious service. After being discharged, he joined the 327th Military Police Reserve Unit and retired from that as a sergeant major after 26 years of service.
"We wish Ed Topol a happy and healthy birthday and many more to come," Valle said. "We appreciate his service to our country and we are honored to have him as a regular here at the York Township Senior Nutrition Center."
More Lombard News
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Shop with a Cop set for this Saturday in Lombard
- Lombard Fire Dept. adds safety measure with new stretcher system
- Downtown parking lot acquisition benefits village, condo owners