People's Resource Center partners with Glen Ellyn restaurants to fight hunger
GLEN ELLYN – Glen Ellyn restaurants will partner with People's Resource Center to help fight hunger in DuPage County through "Dine Away Hunger" July 17.
This marks the first time People's Resource Center, which has locations in Westmont and Wheaton, will host this event in Glen Ellyn, offering participants new restaurant choices in their battle against hunger.
Participating restaurants will donate 10 percent of each bill on July 17 to People's Resource Center's food pantry, which serves about 3,200 low-income families each month.
Cadence Health also will contribute as much as $10,000 in matching funds.
The following Glen Ellyn restaurants will participate in Dine Away Hunger:
• Barone’s of Glen Ellyn, 475 Pennsylvania Ave.
• Cab’s Wine Bar Bistro, 430 N. Main St.
• flour+wine, 433 N. Main St.
• Glen Oak Restaurant, 479 Pennsylvania Ave.
• Honey, 499 N. Main St.
• Marinella, 548 Duane St.
• Meatheads, 549 E. Roosevelt Road
• North Side Sports Bar and Grill, 499 W. Pennsylvania Ave.
• Santa Fe Restaurant, 426 N. Main St.
• Shannon’s Irish Pub, 428 N. Main St.
• Vitorio’s Ristorante, 504 Crescent Blvd.