Elmhurst Run for Hunger registration open
ELMHURST – Runners in the seventh annual Run for Hunger support local food pantries while staying healthy.
Local running coach Charlie Kern and a small group of Elmhurst residents resurrected the race in 2007 after is had been discontinued for some years. The race begins in front of the Elmhurst/Yorkfield Food Pantry, 1099 S. York Road, which receives the majority of the all the participant fees. The Disciples Food Pantry in Villa Park, Hand and Hand Food Pantry in Lombard and Community Table in Lombard also benefit from race proceeds.
The 5K run starts at 8 a.m. July 21 and costs $25 ($23 for Chicago Area Runners Association members). Kids can register for the half mile Fun Run that takes off at 8:45 a.m. for $10. Non-perishable food items will also be collected at the race. Visit www.run4hunger.org to register.
More Local News News
- Nearly 9,000 runners set record at Dan Gibbon's Turkey Trot
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Shop with a Cop set for this Saturday in Lombard
- Lombard Fire Dept. adds safety measure with new stretcher system
- Downtown parking lot acquisition benefits village, condo owners
- Donations being collected for Washington, Ill. during Hinsdale's Saturdays in the park
- Carol Stream police arrest man on child porn charges
- Addison Trail hosts theatre challenge
- Twelve Days of Christmas game open to Westmont residents
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season