Two history-based concerts planned at Lisle Public Library
LISLE – Two musical performances in late July at the Lisle Public Library will incorporate an appreciation of history into song.
Janie Meneely & Calico Jack will perform at 2 p.m. July 21 at the Lisle Public Library, 777 Front St. The musical duo will perform songs that celebrate pirates, nautical history and traditions of the Chesapeake Bay.
Lee Murdock will perform "1812: America’s Second War for Independence" at 7 p.m. July 30 at the Lisle Public Library. The historian and folk-singer will sing songs from the period and contemporary ballads about the conflict. It will be a musical lecture discussing the U.S.' turning point and the alliance between the U.S. and Canada.
Both concerts are free. For more information visit lislelibrary.org or call 630-971-1675.
More Mobile News
- Lights of Lisle: 5 photos
- Brookfield Holiday Walk:5 photos
- Annual Hinsdale Chamber of Commerce Christmas Walk:5 photos
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago