Three Woodridge apartment buildings evacuated after cooking fire Wednesday
|Firefighters respond to a fire in Woodridge Wednesday afternoon. (Kristin Pedicini - email@example.com)|
WOODRIDGE – What came in as a reported explosion turned out to be a cooking fire in the Windsor Lakes Apartment complex at about 11:26 a.m. Wednesday.
Residents in the three connected apartment buildings at 7411 Woodward Ave. were evacuated for about an hour.
Although there is only moderate damage to the building, 15 units are currently unlivable, according to the Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District.
The Red Cross has been called in to help the residents of these units according to Deputy Chief Steve Gorsky with the Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District.
Gorsky said investigators are still trying to determine the cause and origin of the fire.
Police said no injuries were reported.
More Woodridge News
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season