Bridge Communities receives $20K grant for employment program
GLEN ELLYN – Bridge Communities in Glen Ellyn received a $20,000 grant earlier this month from The DuPage Community Foundation to help support the organization's Employment Program.
Bridge Communities, which provides various services to homeless families in DuPage County, was one of 25 nonprofits in the county to receive a grant from the Wheaton foundation as part of its 2013 Spring Community Needs Grant Cycle.
Bridge Communities' Employment Program provides adults in its Transitional Housing Program with job readiness and employment counseling.
The grant was awarded at a special distribution breakfast on June 12 at Glen Oak Country Club in Glen Ellyn.
Since it was founded, The DuPage Community Foundation has awarded more than $16 million in grants to nonprofit agencies that serve the residents of DuPage County and beyond.
More Mobile News
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County