Morton West grad named runner up in Congrssional Art Competition
BERWYN – Morton West High School graduating senior Samantha Brave was named a runner-up in the 2013 Congressional Art Competition for the 3rd Congressional District on June 4.
Brave, a student of photography and design, has been accepted at the Art Institute of Chicago. Her artwork, a photograph entitled “Veteran’s Day Assembly” will be displayed in Congressman Dan Lipinski’s Chicago district office.
The Congressional Art Competition began in 1982 to provide an opportunity for members of Congress to encourage and recognize the artistic talents of their young constituents.
Since the competition began, more than 650,000 high school students have participated.
More Local News News
- Crazy Pour hopes to cater to all
- Unitarian Church of Hinsdale to host holiday events
- District 2 Community Relations Coordinator earns APR
- York High School named GRAMMY Signature Schools Semifinalist again
- Adult Christian Care celebrates 35 years