Brick thrown through glass doors
A brick was reported thrown through a sliding glass door of a residence in the 1200 block of South Harlem Avenue at 6:52 a.m. June 20.
A search of the area was conducted with no results.
Shoving match over NBA finals ends in charges
Two men were charged with disorderly conduct when a shoving match started at a restaurant after the finish of Game 7 of the NBA finals at 10:19 p.m. June 20.
James I. Gurley, 25, of the 1500 block of South Harlem Avenue, River Forest; and Ramone Y. Davis, 29, 900 block of South Second Avenue, Maywood, were involved in an altercation when police arrived at Buffalo Wild Wings, 7130 W. Cermak Road.
Gurley refused to provide information to police and refused to leave when ordered. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct. Davis was charged with one count of disorderly conduct.
Woman hits man in head with beer bottle
A 36-year-old Wood Dale woman was charged with disorderly conduct/public intoxication after she struck a man in the head with a beer bottle after an argument over a seat at a bar at 10:37 a.m. June 19.
A 37-year-old Cicero man said he had gone outside to smoke a cigarette and found Rita Camarillo, of the 200 block of Catalpa Avenue, Wood Dale, sitting in his seat when he went back into the Tiger O’Stylie’s Public Hose, 6300 W. Ogden Ave.
An argument began, and Camarillo allegedly grabbed a bottle off the bar and struck the man in the head. He then dialed 911. A bartender said Camarillo had been causing trouble all night.
Garage fire caused by welding
Welding may have caused a small fire in a garage in the 3400 block of South Euclid Avenue at 3:44 p.m. June 14.
A neighbor alerted the garage owner that white smoke was coming from the garage. The owner found a small fire near where his son had been welding metal to a frame and put the fire out with an extinguisher.
No injuries or damage were reported.
Graffiti was found at eight addresses in the 2100 block of Euclid and Oak Park avenues June 16.
All of the graffiti was consistent with the marking of a gang.
Man found beaten in restaurant bathroom
A 42-year-old Berwyn man was hospitalized after he was found in a restaurant bathroom, apparently the victim of a beating about midnight June 14.
The man said he had entered the bathroom at Guadalajara Bar and Grill, 6814 W. Cermak Road, when an unknown man started beating him.
He was taken to MacNeal Hospital for treatment.
Man kicks, punches woman, charged
A Berwyn man was charged domestic battery after kicking and punching a woman after they left Tiger O’Stylie’s Public House, 6300 W. Ogden Ave., at 12:11 a.m. June 15.
The 41-year-old woman said Charles Hard, 40, 3135 S. Harvey Ave., kicked her then punched her in the eye for no apparent reason. The woman lives at the same address.
Hard was picked up in the area by police and brought to the police station, where he was charged.
Burglaries and thefts
• An in-dash stereo/DVD player, a drill, aluminum painters stilts, a Drywall taping knife and accessories and a drill accessory kit with a total value of $1,600 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of South Wenonah Avenue at 7 a.m. June 20. The front passenger window of the vehicle had been shattered to gain entry.
• A black Nike bag containing work boots, a safety vest and rain gear was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of South Wenonah Avenue at 10:41 a.m. June 20. The dashboard was partially taken apart in an attempt to remove the stereo system. Entry was gained through a broken driver’s-side window.
• A GPS unit and a camera were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of Home Avenue at 2:09 p.m. June 20. The front passenger door had been pried open, and the window broken.
• A Bobcat tractor and grapple bucket valued at $10,000 was reported stolen from a construction site at Havlicek School, 6402W. 15th St., at 9:14 a.m. June 17. The contractor said the tractor was on the site when he left June 13 behind a locked chain-link fence.
• Three bicycles valued at $800 were reported stolen from an unlocked garage in the 3700 block of South Cuyler Avenue at 8:23 p.m. June 14.
• A purse, two Nintendo players, 25 video games and an electronic Tablet were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1200 block of South Kenilworth Avenue at 11:16 a.m. June 13. There were no signs of forced entry.
• A total of $1,700 in cash was reported stolen from El Corral Bar, 6310 W. 26th St., at 12:57 p.m. June 13. Pry marks were found on a side door to the building.
• Two air conditioners were reported stolen from a bank-owned building in the 1900 block of South Harvey Avenue at 2:18 p.m. June 13.
Cicero man charged with possession of stolen car
A Cicero man was charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle after he was stopped by detectives in the 2300 block of South Cicero Avenue at 9 p.m. June 17.
Ronald A Murphy, 32, was taken into custody when a check of registration showed the vehicle to have been stolen from Hertz and was due to be returned May 6.
Burglaries and thefts
• Three Dewalt drills, an air compressor, a Dewalt reciprocating saw, a Skil saw, an Alpine stereo and four Black Magic hydraulic pumps were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in a garage in the 5100 block of West 22nd Place June 17.
• A central air conditioner was reported stolen from a backyard in the 3400 block of South 59th Court June 11. The property is vacant.
• A 1999 Dodge van was reported stolen in the 4800 block of West 13th Street at 11:15 p.m. June 15. Police said it fits a current pattern of mini van thefts in this area.
• A 42-inch Sanyo television, HP laptop, Nintendo Wii system, “piggy” bank with unknown amount of cash, misc new clothes and Nike shoes were reported stolen from a residence in the 4900 block of West 18th Street at 11:30 p.m. June 18. A rear door had been forced open.
• A Yamaha karaoke machine, 10 pairs of woman’s shoes, antifreeze and a pink Mongoose bicycle were reported stolen from a garage in the 5100 Block of West 24th Street at 4:30 p.m. June 18. Entry was gained through an unlocked service door.
• Catalytic converters were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 5900 block of West Cermak Road and a vehicle in the 5400 block of West 23rd Street on June 18.