An event June 10 marked the official start of the renovations at Gordon Park. In attendance at the momentous ceremony were Scott Larson from WB Olson; Rob Bush, attorney for Park District of La Grange (PDLG); Dean Bissias, executive director of the park district; Chris Walsh, park district vice president; park district Board Commissioner Rob Lynch; Jeff Braun, architect of Cody/Braun & Associates; Dave Olson from WB Olson; and former park district Board Commissioner and President Tim Kelpsas.
The west side of the park is being remodeled under Phase 1. Improvements already have been made to the east softball fields. On the west side, there will be:
• A soccer multipurpose field
• A playground with a poured ‘n play surface
• A splash pad
• A new pavilion
• Lighted pathways with exercise stations along the way
• A new, small skate spot
• A passive area complete with a butterfly garden
• A performance shelter
• Additional parking on the east side of the park
Phase I project completion is planned for fall.