GLEN ELLYN – Glen Ellyn will spend about $5 million on two roadway improvement projects this summer.
Oak-Euclid-Forest-Alley Improvements Project:
• Cost: $2.79 million construction contract
• Streets: 1.1 miles of road on Oak Street between Western Avenue and Main Street, Euclid Avenue between Hawthorne Boulevard and Oak Street, Forest Avenue between Maple and Oak streets, and the north-south alley between Oak and Elm streets, east of Western Avenue
• What’s being done: Storm sewer, sanitary sewer and water main improvements, lining of Oak Street water main, resurfacing of Oak Street, reconstruction of Euclid and Forest avenues and the alley, and drainage improvement to the alley
• Timeline: Now through Nov. 1
• Unfinished business: Village Board will consider a recommendation for new sidewalk on the south side of Oak Street between Western Avenue and Main Street before the end of July.
2013 Street Improvements Project:
• Cost: $2.17 million construction contract
• Streets: 4,000 feet of road on Country Club Lane, Miller Court, Cranston Court, Grandview Avenue between Smith Street and Hill Avenue and Brandon Avenue between Hill and Hillside avenues
• What’s being done: Underground improvements for most project streets; resurfacing of Country Club Lane and Miller Court; complete reconstruction of Grandview Avenue, Cranston Court and Brandon Avenue
• Timeline: Late June through Nov. 1; Cranston Court work will begin after Labor Day due to its proximity to Sunset Park and Pool
• Unfinished business: Village Board will consider a recommendation for new sidewalk on the east side of Brandon Avenue between Ridgewood and Hillside avenues before the end of July.