D-181 celebrates end of the school year
HINSDALE – In District 181 schools, the end of the school year was marked with a variety of special celebrations and events.
At several schools, students from all grade levels enjoyed a Field Day. Thanks to staff support and parent volunteers, students traveled between activity stations ranging from relay races and duck-duck-goose.
Staff also led assemblies to recognize student successes and school achievements, such as the earning of the Blue Ribbon Award for physical education programs, which was bestowed upon five District 181 elementary schools this year – Elm, Madison, Monroe, Prospect and Walker.
District 181 also wished farewell to the class of 2013 eighth-grade graduates from Clarendon Hills and Hinsdale middle schools. On June 5, diplomas were given to nearly 450 students, according to a news release.
More Mobile News
- DuPage law enforcement comes together to spread holiday cheer
- Lyons police to distribute gifts for holidays
- Wheaton police warn of coyote attacks
- Kennedy: This is my inspiration at The LeaderShop
- Fey: Berwyn's Depot to be decked for the holidays
- Check out 10 updates on Addison Road construction
- Forno Palese bakery brings old world Italian flavor to Wood Dale
- Anima children's choir of Glen Ellyn to present 'Masters and Mistletoe'
- Glen Ellyn considers increasing salt storage space to prepare for emergencies
- Reindeer Route Housewalk celebrates 37 years