Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Brookfield and Riverside police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Gang graffiti was discovered written in a stall of the men’s bathroom at Jaycee-Ehlert Park, Park and Shields avenues, at 9:04 a.m. May 29.
• Graffiti was discovered near the skate park at Jaycee-Ehlert Park, Park and Shields avenues, at 2:56 p.m. May 27.
Theft of items
• A radio was stolen from an unlocked car in the 8700 block of Southview Avenue between 10 p.m. May 31 and 9 a.m. June 1.
• The copper line from an outside air conditioning/condensing unit was stolen from a residence in the 3500 block of Arden Avenue sometime before 9:04 a.m. May 25.
• A propane tank from stolen from a grill at a residence in the 4500 block of Elm Avenue between 11 p.m. May 29 and 7 a.m. May 30.
• A cellphone was stolen from a person at Brookfield Zoo, 8400 W. 31st St., before 6:28 p.m. May 26.
• Jose L. Santana, 32, of the 9900 block of West 58th Street in Countryside was charged with retail theft at 5:57 p.m. May 28 for taking several items from CVS/pharmacy, 8911 Ogden Ave., including shampoo. He has a July 9 court date in the Maybrook Courthouse in Maywood.
• Miztli Reyes, 18, of the 9100 block of Fairview Avenue was charged with retail theft at 10:35 p.m. May 30 for taking items from Leo’s Liquors, 9154 Broadway Ave., including a glass hookah. He has a June 13 court date in Brookfield. A 16-year-old male was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in the same incident.
Jose F. Diaz, 20, of Chicago was charged with driving under the influence and various traffic citations after being pulled over at First and Ogden avenues for speeding. He has a July 9 court date in the Maybrook Courthouse in Maywood.
Possession of marijuana
Nichole L. Kukla, 24, of Brookfield was charged with possession of marijuana on the 4000 block of Madison Avenue at 11:17 a.m. May 26.
Theft of items
• Someone stole 18 glass decorative plates and a rug, a total value of $2,800, from a house near Scottswood and Coonley roads sometime before 11:25 a.m. May 27.
• A copper water pipe was stolen from the side of a building in the 100 block of Bloomingbank Road between 6 p.m. May 27 and 10 a.m. May 28.
• A bicycle was stolen from the Metra commuter train station, 90 Bloomingbank Road, between the evening of May 27 and the morning of May 28.
• Flowers valued at $50 were stolen from a planter at Riverside Bank, 17 E. Burlington St., the evenings of May 30 and May 31.
Someone attempted to gain access to a garage on the 100 block of Woodside Road sometime before 7:18 p.m. May 27. Pry marks were found on a window that had been nailed shut, and the window was opened.