CAROL STREAM – As the summer begins, high school seniors are coming to the end of their high school careers and the beginning of their post-graduate lives. But some new changes do not come free. Many students struggle to pay their way through higher education.
The Rotary Club of Carol Stream strives to ease this burden. The club is a service organization of local business people who raise money for local and international projects through charitable events and fundraisers.
Every year, the club gives out college scholarships to local high school seniors. Students must complete an application process, which includes their grades and class rank, an essay about their charitable contributions to the community, and an essay about their future college and career goals, and students must participate in an interview with a board of club members.
The Rotary club congratulates the following students as the recipients of the 2013-14 school year scholarships:
• Elizabeth Youngwith, West Chicago High School, Northern Illinois University
• Harmony Arcilla, Glenbard North High School, Northwestern
• Nicole Krippinger, Glenbard North High School, Illinois State University
• Vincent Slobodecki, Glenbard North High School, Trine University
• Tyler Dixor, Glenbard North High School, University of Illinois
For information about the Rotary Club of Carol Stream, visit www.carolstreamrotary.com.