Bats come alive for Glenbard West in Senior Day win over Glenbard South
GLEN ELLYN - For much of the season, the Glenbard West baseball team has struggled to string hits together.
But on Saturday, the Hilltoppers had arguably their best offensive output of the season, pounding out 15 hits in a 10-5 win over Glenbard South on Senior Day.
With the game tied at two-apiece, the home team sent 12 batters to the plate in the bottom of the fourth inning and plated seven runs. Grant Greeno provided the big blow with a three-run double.
That run support was more than enough for Dennis Rudolph, who allowed six hits and four earned runs in six innings of work.
For Glenbard South, Zach Smith had a pair of hits while scoring a run and Ethan Gasbarro added an RBI-single.
Glenbard West improved to 12-15 on the spring with the Raiders falling to 15-8.
More Preps News
- North girls tested by tough competition
- A rivalry win and a buzzer-beater got Wheaton North hoops off to 2-0 start
- Big game lands Konchar in WeGo record books
- Raiders ready to reap rewards of hard work
- Raiders 'right there' but on wrong end of results