WHEATON – Better Hearing and Speech Month started May 1, signifying a good time for members of the public to analyze their own hearing and determine if they are one of about 28 million Americans with treatable hearing loss.
People may be suffering from hearing loss if they:
• frequently ask people to repeat themselves;
• often turn their ear toward a sound to hear it better;
• understand people better when they wear their glasses or look directly at their faces;
• lose their place in group conversations;
• keep the volume on their radio or TV at a level that others say is too loud; or
• have pain or ringing in their ears.
Annual hearing checkups are recommended for people 45 years of age and older.
Since 1927, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association has celebrated Better Hearing and Speech Month each May.
For more information, contact Hearing Specialists of DuPage at 630-580-5777 or visit www.thehearingspecialists.com.