Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare receives 'A' in safety
ELMHURST – The Leapfrog Group has given Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare an "A" Hospital Safety Score during its Spring 2013 update.
The Leapfrog Group is an independent nonprofit run by large purchasers of health benefits, such as employers. The group grades hospitals with A, B, C, D or F scores based on preventable medical errors, injuries accidents and infections.
It is the first and only hospital safety rating to be peer-reviewed in the Journal of Patient Safety (April 2013), according to a news release.
To see how Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare compares to other hospitals in the nation, visit hospitalsafetyscore.org.
More Mobile News
- Local officials react after massive pension bill approved
- Illinois Senate passes bill attempting to draw Univar headquarters to Downers Grove
- Illinois lawmakers approve massive pension reform bill
- More than 50 cartons of cigarettes taken in apparent business burglary
- Clayspace to hold holiday open house
- Youth soccer academy planned for former Countryside hotel site
- Police reports: Berwyn and Cicero for Dec. 4
- Police reports: Riverside, Brookfield and Lyons for Dec. 4
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs, Countryside and Westchester for Dec. 4
- All-area MVP Parrker Westphal leads Bolingbrook football on, off field