Lemont completes baseball sweep of Oak Forest
|Bill Ackerman – email@example.com Lemont shortstop Marc Tokarski fields a ground ball for the throw to first against Oak Forest, in an away game on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.|
OAK FOREST - Backed by outstanding pitching and solid defense, Lemont's baseball team took control of the South Suburban Blue conference with a 7-1 victory over Oak Forest Tuesday.
The Indians also beat their long-standing rival on Monday.
This time around, junior Charlie Wright was the main story as the left-hander tossed a complete-game in only his second start of the year. Wright was out the first part of the season recovering from knee surgery.
Mike Papierski provided more than enough offense with three hits, including an RBI-double and an RBI-single. Jake Terrazas also drove in two runs with a hit in the top of the seventh inning.
Lemont improved to 13-1 in league play.
More Lemont News
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage
- St. Nicholas Day benefit, meat raffle return Saturday