Celebrate Wheaton history with Preservation Week
WHEATON – Wheaton's Historic Commission is hosting several events throughout Preservation Week May 10 through 20.
• Pride in Preservation lawn signs that will decorate 150 landmark properties throughout Wheaton
• A behind-the-scenes tour of the Wheaton Grand Theater on May 11
• A lecture on the local impact of the Underground Railroad by retired Wheaton College history professor David Maason on May 16
• The Billy Graham in Wheaton Walking Tour on May 18
• Free parking at Cantigny Park for Wheaton residents
• Exhibits on home history research and the Historic Commission's Wheaton register of Historic Places at the Wheaton library
• Historic walking tours of downtown Wheaton led by the DuPage County Historical Museum.
For more information on the events, visit the city of Wheaton website at www.wheaton.il.us/preservationweek.