Villa Park police collect unwanted medications
VILLA PARK – The Villa Park Police Department recently hosted a prescription drug take-back event in collaboration with the Drug Enforcement Administration, collecting more than 115 pounds of unwanted medication.
This event was an opportunity for residents to safely and anonymously dispose of their unwanted, unused and expired prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Unused or expired medications are a safety hazard and can lead to accidental poisoning, overdose and abuse. The drug take-back event helped ensure their proper disposal, police said.
More Mobile News
- Nearly 9,000 runners set record at Dan Gibbon's Turkey Trot
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Solid starts for Hinsdale Central, South boys basketball
- Red Devils remain perfect with win over York
- Lions off to roaring start to season
- Shop with a Cop set for this Saturday in Lombard
- Lombard Fire Dept. adds safety measure with new stretcher system
- Downtown parking lot acquisition benefits village, condo owners
- Donations being collected for Washington, Ill. during Hinsdale's Saturdays in the park
- Carol Stream police arrest man on child porn charges