Lockdown ended at Komensky School after nearby break-in
BERWYN – Komensky School went on lockdown following a report of a man trying to break into a home in the 2500 block of Highland Avenue about noon Monday.
Police said the area was cordoned off while officers conducted a search for the suspect.
As of 12:55 p.m., the suspect was not found and police called off the search. As a result, the school ended the lockdown, police said.
More Local News News
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Glenbard South's madrigal dinner to give taste of past as holidays approach