DuPage Veterans Foundation to host fundraiser for war memorial trips
WEST CHICAGO – The DuPage Veterans Foundation will host its second annual Honor Flight Chicago Fundraiser on Saturday to help raise money to send a group of WWII veterans to the national World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the Calamos Hangar of the DuPage Airport, 2700 International Drive, West Chicago.
The Honor Flight Chicago Fundraiser will include era music, a silent auction, lunch and WWII and Korean War planes and vehicles on display.
Tickets cost $30 in advance or $40 at the door. All WWII and Korean War veterans and active-duty military are free with identification.
The DuPage Veterans Foundation was started two years ago to help local WWII veterans view their war memorial in Washington, D.C. The foundation’s first fundraiser honored more than 100 local veterans and raised $55,012 for Honor Flight Chicago. Since 2008, Honor Flight Chicago has flown 3,900 veterans to view their memorials.
For more information, visit www.dupageveteransfoundation.org.
More Mobile News
- Nearly 9,000 runners set record at Dan Gibbon's Turkey Trot
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Solid starts for Hinsdale Central, South boys basketball
- Red Devils remain perfect with win over York
- Lions off to roaring start to season
- Shop with a Cop set for this Saturday in Lombard
- Lombard Fire Dept. adds safety measure with new stretcher system
- Downtown parking lot acquisition benefits village, condo owners
- Donations being collected for Washington, Ill. during Hinsdale's Saturdays in the park
- Carol Stream police arrest man on child porn charges