RB, Glenbard South baseball suspended
Bulldogs held 4-2 lead before lightning halted play
GLEN ELLYN — Riverside Brookfield can't catch a break in its biggest conference series.
After losing the first two games to Glenbard South in a crucial Metro Suburban Conference series the Bulldogs finally had a late lead on the Raiders on Thursday, but lightning suspended play in the middle of the fifth inning with RB leading 4-2.
The game is scheduled to be resumed on Monday at Glenbard South.
RB scored one in the top of the first on an RBI single by Kevin Garvey.
The Raiders answered with two in the bottom half on RBIs from Will Cornwell and Zach Smith after the first four batters reached against Bulldog ace Will Kincanon.
The Bulldogs scored two in the second and one more in the fifth and Kincanon settled down. Kincanon had seven strikeouts in four innings of work.
More Brookfield News
- Police arrest 2 men for Brookfield burglaries
- ‘Biggest Loser’ to participate in Reindeer Run
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside
- Brookfield Holiday Walk to feature tree lighting, Santa
- Riverside to host annual Holiday Stroll