Elmhurst College exhibits student artwork
ELMHURST – Elmhurst College will host a free reception open to the public for the artists featured in its 45th-annual Spring Capstone Art Exhibition on May 11.
The exhibition is split between the Founders Lounge in the Frick Center and the Barbara A. Kieft Accelerator ArtSpace on campus, 190 Prospect Ave., and so is the reception. The public is invited to Founders Lounge from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and to the Accelerator ArtSpace from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The exhibition runs until June 1. The Frick Center is open daily and the Accelerator ArtSpace is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from noon to 4 p.m.
Projects include a branding campaign for a craft brewery, classical oil painting portraits and large-scale reinterpretations of a 22-card suit in the Tarot deck.
The exhibition features artwork by the following Elmhurst College seniors: A.J. Barker of Rochester, Minn. (Graphic Design), Maxwell Cooper of Palatine (Drawing and Painting), Kristin Faleni of Lake Zurich (Printmaking), Rebecca Foust of Shannon (Painting and Drawing), Carolyn Hartmann of Villa Park (Painting and Drawing), Alexander Huang of Barrington (Graphic Design), Emily Hufford of Carol Stream (Drawing and Painting), Alexandra Johnson of Melrose Park (Photography), Nathaniel Jones of Palatine (unknown medium), Hannah Manocchio of Cleveland Heights, Ohio (Printmaking), Lauren Smith of Hinsdale (Graphic Design), Todd Suhs of Oak Lawn (Sculpture) and Katheryn Traub of Chicago (Painting and Drawing).
For more information, visit elmhurst.edu or call 630-617-3390.
More Mobile News
- Progressive Village Performance Network's holiday show set for Dec. 13, 15
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ catching on in Lombard
- All-State Play puts Glenbard East director, student in spotlight
- La Grange's Hometown Holiday features shopping deals, activities for all ages
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- Man sentenced to 8 years for attempted armed robbery of Oak Brook jewelry store
- Westchester student participates in selective agriculture conference
- LT provides gifts for 125 underprivileged children
- Park District of La Grange Park offers kids' ornament-making class
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside