Woman in critical condition after Darien crash
DARIEN – A female driver is in critical condition after being hit by a garbage truck at Interstate 55 and Lemont Road in Darien on Wednesday.
Officials for Illinois State Police District 2 believe the driver got out of her car while pulled over and was partially in the right lane of traffic when the garbage truck driver didn't see her and struck her.
No further information on her condition was immediately available, but police said her injuries were "serious."
All lanes of I-55 reopened at 5:30 p.m.
Check back with mysuburbanlife.com as more details are released.
More Darien News
- Hinsdale South graduate Laurie Borse continues journey as fashion designer
- Santa, Mrs. Claus to visit Oakridge Hobbies and Toys in Darien
- United Soccer Academy teams enjoy successful fall seasons
- Victim identified in fatal I-55 crash near Darien
- Darien begins 'Citizen of the Year' search