Villa Park Chamber celebrating 65 years
The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce is proudly celebrating 65 years of business camaraderie and prosperity.
The Chamber of Commerce was incorporated on April 12, 1948, due to the efforts of Lott Hare, Emil Johnson, Emil Novak and William Worley.
These founding members were local businessmen who felt strongly about promoting the advantages that Villa Park businesses could offer. They stated their mission, which is still in use today:
“The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial and civic interests of the village of Villa Park and vicinity.”
The Chamber sponsors and supports many community events, such as the Joyful Traditions Holiday Lighting of the trees, the Swing & Sizzle Golf & Steak Fry and Villa Park Summerfest.
In addition, each year since 1993, the Chamber awards scholarships for worthy Villa Park high school students. These scholarships are sponsored by donations from our local businesses.
The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce moved into the former Chicago-Aurora-Elgin Railway Ardmore Avenue Train Station on Jan. 1, 1985.
The former station, at 10 W. Park Blvd., was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on Nov. 21, 1980, and was recognized in 2004 by the Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission as having significant historic value to the village of Villa Park, the state and the entire country.
Alesia Bailey is executive director of the Villa Park Chamber of Commerce. For information, visit villaparkchamber.org or call 630-941-9133