Duckworth to host roundtable on college affordability at COD
GLEN ELLYN – Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (IL-8) will host a roundtable discussion on college affordability Thursday at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn.
The discussion will include administrators and students from local colleges in light of the upcoming increase of the interest rate on many student loans. The rate is scheduled to double to 6.8 percent on July 1.
Duckworth is a co-sponsor of the Student Loan Relief Act of 2013, which would prevent the scheduled increase. The act would extend the current interest rate for Stafford student loans at 3.4 percent for two more years.
The roundtable will take place from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in Room SSC 2201 at COD, 425 Fawell Blvd.
More Mobile News
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Whitman: The La Grange Park library makes the holidays better
- Weitzel: Riverside officers honored for serving community
- Glen Ellyn trustee resigns to pursue out-of-state career opportunity
- Alba: Sleigh bells are ringing at the Stickney-Forest View Public Library