District 210 Board of Education members elect Mike Shackel as president
LEMONT – At its board meeting Tuesday, Lemont High School District 210 seated its recently re-elected board of education members and also elected three individuals to two-year terms as officers.
Mike Kardas, George Rimbo and Mike Shackel – all of whom won seats on
the District 210 Board of Education in the April election – were sworn in for four-year terms that end in 2017. All won re-election bids and will begin their second terms.
They will continue to serve on the seven-member board with Pam Driscoll, Beverly Marzec, Mark McMahon and Mary Tally, who were not up for re-election in 2013.
The school board also elected three officers to two-year terms. Shackel was elected to his first term as president, taking over the reins from Marzec, who served as the board’s first-ever female president from 2009-13.
Driscoll will serve her third stint as vice president, and Kardas will fill the role as the board secretary.
More Lemont News
- Will County employees approve new contract
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage
- St. Nicholas Day benefit, meat raffle return Saturday
- Police reports: Lemont for Dec. 6
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- D-113A favors for-profit search firm to find next superintendent
- Lots to like for Lemont girls – except final score
- Hometown Holiday to light up downtown Lemont on Saturday
- Construction company to use explosives at Lemont Water Reclamation Plant
- Will County employee strike ends with tentative contract agreement