Glenbard East band selected to participate in statewide festival
LOMBARD – The symphonic band at Glenbard East High School has been selected to participate in the University of Illinois Superstate Concert Band Festival, which will be held May 4 at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus.
This event is a one of the highest recognitions for Illinois high school bands.
The students will perform "Fanfare for a Golden Sky" by Scott Boerma, "Molly on the Shore" by Percy Grainger and "With Heart and Voice" by David Gillingham. They will perform at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
More Mobile News
- Police reports: Glen Ellyn for Dec. 5
- Police reports: West Chicago for Dec. 5
- Windsor Park to host Christmas Open House
- Police reports: Wheaton for Dec. 5
- Police reports: Carol Stream for Dec. 6