Elmhurst dance companies win top spots in state competition
ELMHURST – Coach Erica Jaunich led four of the Elmhurst Park District's Impact Dance companies to top placements during the 2013 Illinois Park District Gymnastics Conference dance division State Competition last week.
Both the Junior and Senior Hip Hop companies placed first, along with the Senior Jazz Company. The Junior Jazz Company took second place.
The Junior Jazz Company includes: Eden Capewell, Anna Drewno, Madison Justus, Nia Kessell, Francesca Revello, Abril Stoddard, Samantha Uditsky and Lucy Valeski.
The Senior Jazz Company placed first with the following dancers on the team: Lauren Aloia, Melanie Barrett, Anna Bieschke, Elizabeth Brown, Julia Brown, Amanda Garlow, Celina Granger, Anna Greer, Gracie Hernandez, Katherine Karnatz, Rayna Langley, Bianca Oddo, Meg Schiliro and Rachel Stembridge.
The Junior Hip Hop Company also placed first. Dancers include: Anna Drewno, Nia Kessell, Rose Menichini, Francesca Revello, Avery Sanders, Daniella Spizzirri, Abril Stoddard, Samantha Uditsky and Rosie Wagner.
Another first-place winner, the Senior Hip Hop Company, is made up of Melanie Barrett, Anna Bieschke, Elizabeth Brown, Julia Brown, Olivia Favia, Amanda Garlow, Celina Granger, Rayna Langley, Bianca Oddo and Rachel Stembridge.
More Mobile News
- Lights of Lisle: 5 photos
- Brookfield Holiday Walk:5 photos
- Annual Hinsdale Chamber of Commerce Christmas Walk:5 photos
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago