Elmhurst runners support Boston family
ELMHURST – An Elmhurst running club will host a "Fun Run" on Saturday for the Richard family, victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
The explosions killed 8-year-old Martin Richard and seriously injured his mother and sister while they cheered on runners near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15.
Runners will take off at 7:30 a.m. on the Prairie Path at the northeast corner of Spring Road and Prairie Path Lane. Runners of all levels and walkers are invited to run two miles, 6.2 miles or any distance.
Donations can be made to the Richard family at richardfamilyfund.org. Participants can RSVP with the number of people in their group by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Mobile News
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Man accused of hitting 8 cars in downtown Elmhurst, assaulting officer not yet identified
- Hinsdale property tax levy, ice rink construction approved
- Photo calendar raises money for Bridge Communities
- Darien Lions Club collecting for annual food basket program