Montini Catholic students participate in week-long recycling event
|Members of the Science Club at Montini Catholic High School hosted an electronics recycling drive at the school during the week of April 15 to 19. During that time, more than 650 electronic items were donated. (Submitted photo)|
LOMBARD — To celebrate Earth Day, the Science Club at Montini Catholic High School hosted a week-long electronic recycling drive as a way to help their classmates dispose of old, unwanted electronics in an Earth-friendly way.
The collection ran from April 15 to 19 at the school.
During the recycling drive, students and community members brought old computer towers, laptops, TVs, cellphones and more. In all, more than 650 electronic items were recycled.
More Mobile News
- Progressive Village Performance Network's holiday show set for Dec. 13, 15
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ catching on in Lombard
- All-State Play puts Glenbard East director, student in spotlight
- La Grange's Hometown Holiday features shopping deals, activities for all ages
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- Man sentenced to 8 years for attempted armed robbery of Oak Brook jewelry store
- Westchester student participates in selective agriculture conference
- LT provides gifts for 125 underprivileged children
- Park District of La Grange Park offers kids' ornament-making class
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside