Grove Foundation donates to District 58 Little Sprouts program
DOWNERS GROVE – Downers Grove Grade School District 58 recently received a $500 donation from the Grove Foundation to benefit its Little Sprouts program.
Little Sprouts supports the first grade science curriculum, New Plants. Students travel to the Downers Grove Park District’s Interpretive Center at Lyman Woods to participate in four stations, which provide the students with hands-on experiences like explore the inner workings of a bean seed, identifying the parts and functions of a plant and making soil by following a recipe in a cooking show format, among others.
The Grove Foundation has donated to District 58 for Little Sprouts several years. Other community organizations that have provided support for the program have included the Pierce Downer Heritage Alliance and the District 58 Education Foundation.
More Downers Grove News
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season
- Midwestern University’s clinical psychology program receives accreditation
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage
- Downers Grove Village Council approves restrictions for medical marijuana dispensaries
- Youth Symphony of DuPage celebrates 50th year
- Downers Grove South High School groups collect items for needy this holiday season
- Downers Grove collects coats for charity
- Judges announce winners of Downers Grove Gingerbread Festival