Mother charged in child endangerment incident
DOWNERS GROVE – A Downers Grove woman was charged with two misdemeanors after she allegedly fell into a “catatonic state” on the floor of a locked bathroom after inhaling Endust, a pressurized dusting spray, while her 4-year-old child was in the shower, according to the state’s attorney’s office.
Stacy E. Manners, 35, of 5650 Walnut Ave., was charged with endangering the life or health of a child and unlawful use of an intoxicating compound at 1:02 p.m. April 17 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
The first charge is a Class A Misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in county jail.
The second charge is a Class C Misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail.
Manners posted 10 percent of a $2,000 bond on Monday and was released from custody.
She is scheduled to be arraigned on May 23. Police said the child was unharmed.
More Local News News
- D-41 Board passes $45M property tax levy
- Ken Loch rezoning approved by DuPage County Board
- Office Depot passes on Naperville headquarters for Florida
- Permit for controversial Glen Ellyn gas station denied by County Board
- Hometown Holiday fun lights up La Grange