Glen Ellyn reforests Prairie Path with native plants
GLEN ELLYN – The village of Glen Ellyn will plant native shrubs and small trees along the Prairie Path between Prospect Avenue and Main Street beginning this spring, in order to replace taller plants growing in that area.
Trees along the path that grow near Commonwealth Edison power lines have traditionally been “topped” to minimize tree-related outages. Although topping helps to prevent some electrical outages, the village was interested in developing a more sustainable vegetative plan for the Prairie Path that would not require this level of maintenance.
The reforestation project is expected to be completed next spring. For more information, contact the village's Public Works Department at 630-469-6756.
More Mobile News
- Residents invited to free reception Friday night for "lowbrow art" exhibit at EAG Gallery
- Benet quarterback Jack Beneventi picks Iowa
- Dukes’ depth pays dividends with tourney title
- Downers Grove South High School groups collect items for needy this holiday season
- Downers Grove collects coats for charity