Downers Grove to offer special trash pickup of storm-related debris
DOWNERS GROVE – Downers Grove will offer a special refuse collection for storm-related, household debris for one week only – this Monday through Friday.
The village offered specific guidelines:
• Residents must put the refuse on the curb on their regular pickup day. Republic crews will follow their normal routes.
• Yard waste will not be collected during this week. This will allow crews to concentrate on hauling away what is anticipated to be an increased amount of refuse due to the storms.
• Normal amounts of weekly household waste must have stickers or contained in a refuse cart.
• Only storm-related household debris may be put to the curb with no stickers required.
• Carpet must be cut and bundled into rolls no longer than 4 feet length and 50 pounds in weight.
The village is not accepting single items greater than 50 pounds in weight, appliances, electronics or household hazardous waste, paints, chemicals or liquids.
The village asked residents to be courteous and refrain from putting out excess items unrelated to the storm.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org