Four-plus inches of rain so far, more on the way to west suburbs
WEST SUBURBS - Many towns throughout the west suburbs are reporting that more than four inches of rain has fallen, and the National Weather Service says more is on the way, though lighter than last night's storms.
Flash Flood and Flood warnings have been issued by the NWS, which warns most of the Chicagoland area that "a very serious and potentially dangerous flood situation is undeway."
While the major portion of the storm has moved on from the area, additional rain is possible this afternoon according to the NWS.
People are reminded not to travel unless necessary and to avoid driving into areas where water covers the road.
The NWS also has issued a moderate severity level advisory for the DuPage River, especially near Warrenville, throughout DuPage County.
More Mobile News
- New Wheaton cafe River City Roasters hopes to cultivate community
- Carol Stream Park District selling gift certificates
- Winfield resident to close used bookstore in Glen Ellyn
- Police reports for Elmhurst
- Glenbard East holds annual Cookies and Carols concert: 5 photos