Des Plaines residents killed in Tri-State crash
ELMHURST — Two Des Plaines residents were killed Thursday morning after a crash left their car "teetering over the edge" of Interstate 294 in Elmhurst, officials said.
Master Sgt. Paul Carlos of the Illinois State Police confirmed that a semitrailer truck traveling southbound on I-294 near Lake Street rear-ended a black 2005 Nissan about 5:47 a.m. Thursday. The two passengers in the Nissan — Aley Kizhakkeananthakulam, 56, and Kunjukunju Krishnan, 72 — were killed.
Kizhakkeananthakulam was riding in the front passenger seat and Krishnan was in the back seat.
The driver of the Nissan was taken to Loyola Hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. The driver of the semitrailer was not injured.
Four other vehicles also were involved in a chain reaction crash after the incident, but no other injuries have been reported at this time. The investigation is ongoing; no citations have been issued.
More Elmhurst News
- Local officials react after massive pension bill approved
- Lincoln's Hahn proposal estimated for bigger payout to city
- DuPage Birding Club announces December bird walks and Christmas Bird Count
- Illinois lawmakers approve massive pension reform bill
- MWAH! performs for Churchville students: 6 photos
- United Soccer Academy teams enjoy successful fall seasons
- Elmhurst charity holds book drive for Washington, Ill.
- Elmhurst offers free leaf collection this week
- Mayor Morley addresses rumors of Whole Foods targeting Elmhurst Dominick's for purchase
- Elmhurst City Council extends agreement with Addison parking deck developer