D-98 board president temporarily living out of the district
BERWYN – Concerns have been raised by some North Berwyn School District 98 parents that school board President Barbara Krause no longer is living within district’s boundaries.
However, while school officials acknowledge Krause has moved out of the district, they said the move is temporary.
“She has experienced some unexpected things and has been temporarily relocated,” district Superintendent Carmen Ayela said. “Once she has determined her permanent residency, if it out of the district, she’ll need to resign.”
Several attempts to reach Krause were unsuccessful.
Ayela added there was no time limit that she was aware of for Krause to establish a permanent residence.
“But certainly something within reason,” Ayela said.
Krause won another four-year term on the board in April. A resident of the district said she was told Krause had relocated to Oak Park before the election.
The resident added she did not oppose the election of Krause to the board, but took issue with her not living within the district’s boundaries.
More Local News News
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Glenbard South's madrigal dinner to give taste of past as holidays approach
- Celebrating Thanksgiving at St. Petronille