Villa Park teen wins third World Irish Dancing championship
|Peter Dziak, 15, of Villa Park took home his third consecutive world championship title during the World Irish Dancing competition that was held March 24 to March 31 in Boston. Here he is pictured at the Trinity Irish Dancers studio in May 2012. (Suburban Life Media file photo)|
VILLA PARK — Peter Dziak, 15, of Villa Park took home the gold medal in his age group during the World Irish Dancing championship that was held March 24 to March 31 in Boston.
This is Dziak's third consecutive world championship.
He trains at Trinity Irish Dancers, a dance school with locations in Elmhurst, and throughout Illinois and Wisconsin.
Another student from Trinity, 22-year-old Tyler Schwartz of Libertyville, also won gold in his division.
Dolores Taaffe is the school's Dublin-born head coach and choreographer. She now lives in Elmhurst.
"Winning two solo titles in one week is fantastic," Taaffe said. "I am thrilled to be part of the Trinity team. It is an institution with a vision that makes anything possible. Tyler, Peter and all the Trinity dancers are an absolute dream to work with."
More Mobile News
- Moms who want stronger gun laws to hold vigil in Western Springs
- New device at McCook quarry could help explain Nov. 4 earthquake
- Longtime Westmont insurance agent remembered for class, service
- Police reports for Elmhurst
- Dan Sanko steps down as Lisle High School football coach
- Lemont celebrates Hometown Holiday: 6 photos
- Lombard man, Villa Park gas station owner charged with felony sales tax fraud
- North girls tested by tough competition
- Deja Vu Rack of Lemont to close, cites Goodwill store as reason for decline in business
- A rivalry win and a buzzer-beater got Wheaton North hoops off to 2-0 start