Lisle Baseball/Softball League unveils newest diamond
|Dan Garvy, director of the Lisle Park District, talks to community members and softball players at the newly renovated softball field. (Colin McAuliffe - For Suburban Life Media)|
LISLE – The Lisle Baseball/Softball League officially opened its newest field at Community Park on Sunday.
The community was invited to unveil the new Field C5 at Community Park, 1825 Short St. in Lisle. The softball field has been completely updated for the spring and summer seasons.
The improvements were made possible due to combined efforts and support from the Lisle Park District and LBS, as well as the local school district.
“The league is looking to keep baseball and softball active in Lisle,” stated league president Randy LaBelle. “Our kids loved the sport and we want to see other kids in the area grow up and enjoy it as well.”
For more information on the league, visit lislebaseballsoftball.org.
More Lisle News
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Lions off to roaring start to season
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage