Learn about saving energy, money at workshop offered in Cicero April 6
CICERO — Residents can learn if their home qualifies for an energy efficient grant at a workshop on April 6.
GreenChoice Bank and Energy Impact Illinois will present a Home Energy Workshop at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, April 6 at its Cicero branch location, 5225 W. 25th St.
Nearly 70 percent of all lost energy in a typical Chicago home escapes through the attic and basement, according to Energy Impact Illinois. By insulating and air-sealing your home, you can stop this loss and reduce your energy use significantly.
Attendees of the workshop will learn about available rebates for single family homes and buildings with two and four units. Information will also be available about subsidized home energy assessments, how to reduce your energy bills and boost the value of your home.
More Local News News
- Santa, Mrs. Claus to visit Oakridge Hobbies and Toys in Darien
- Park District hosts 'Holiday House Decorating Contest'
- Ken Loch rezoning issue moves on to DuPage County Board
- Hometown Holiday to light up downtown Lemont on Saturday
- Glenbard North holding holiday toy drive