Montini High School students provide Easter baskets to needy families
|Students from Montini Catholic High School assemble Easter baskets the week of March 18 for needy children in the Chicago area. In all, the students prepared more than 50 baskets. (Submitted photo)|
LOMBARD — Students at Montini Catholic High School helped prepare more than 50 Easter baskets for needy children throughout the Chicago area. The students collected toys, candy and baskets and worked to assemble the baskets during the week of March 18, before the school went on Spring Break.
The project was facilitated by Michael Blanchette, campus minister, and Kelly Davis. It was completed in cooperation with Catholic Charities and Children and Family Connection.
"Each holiday season is a chance for our school community to come together and help out those in need," Blanchette said. "The student body continually responds with a renewed sense of duty to the community."
More Mobile News
- Westmont Village Board meeting: 4 things to know
- Oak Trust Credit Union Athlete of the Week: Molly Krawczykowski
- Glenbard musicians selected for all-state festival
- State court upholds firing of Drew Peterson's son
- DuPage County Health Department names community health director as new department head