Learn how to make your own beer at the Westmont Park District
WESTMONT — Ever wanted to learn how to brew your own beer, in your own home?
The Home Brew Shop of St. Charles will host a Home Beer Making 101 class at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17 in the Linden Room of the Westmont Park District, 55 E. Richmond St.
The program will cover an introduction to making your own beer at home. A demonstration batch will be made with their equipment while discussing basic fermentation terminology, sensory evaluation and procedures for consistently making great beer. A how-to guide will be provided to each student.
Before class, there will be a short tour of the Gregg House Museum where you can learn about the days of prohibition when the Gregg House was a speakeasy and Westmont being a wet community.
The class is for ages 21 and over. Advanced registration is required.
To register, contact Alice Krampits at the Westmont Park District at 630-969-8080.
More Mobile News
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County