Wheaton seeks nominations for Good Citizens Awards
WHEATON — Wheaton’s Community Relations Commission is seeking nominations for the 2013 Good Citizens Awards, which recognizes residents who have given unselfishly to the community.
Volunteer work can include service to a school, church, nursing home, civic group, nonprofit organization or an individual, such as tutoring or assisting an elderly neighbor.
Nominee categories include high school student, adult, senior adult and group.
Nominees must live in Wheaton, and their volunteer work must have benefitted Wheaton and its residents.
Nomination forms are available on the city's website at www.wheaton.il.us/GoodCitizen. They also can be found at the Wheaton Public Library and Wheaton Park District Community Center.
Completed forms should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to City Clerk, Wheaton City Hall, 303 W. Wesley St., Wheaton, IL 60187. The nominating deadline is April 12.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Community Relations Commission, and award recipients will be honored at the May 20 Wheaton City Council meeting.
More West Chicago News
- D-200 officials, union address effect of state pension plan
- West Chicago encourages residents to 'shop local' with The 3/50 Project
- McGuire: Family Shelter Service offers safety and support during the holidays
- West Chicago library program brings reading material to youth correction center
- New Winfield Ronald McDonald House to open in 2015
- Controversial $4M plan to fix failing Winfield roads will cause property tax hike
- With agreement signed, West Chicago Wiant House will live again
- Residents invited to 'Pack the Gym,' donate food during Special Olympics game at Hubble
- West Chicago D-33, police partner to keep schools safe
- West Chicago resident wins $4M in Illinois Lottery