U.S. Rep. Quigley goes “undercover” at Elmhurst restaurant HB Jones
|U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Chicago, works in the kitchen at HB Jones in Elmhurst on Thursday. (Submitted photo)|
ELMHURST — U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Chicago, put on a chef’s coat and picked up a spatula Thursday to work the kitchen at Elmhurst restaurant HB Jones as part of his first "Undercover Congressman" event in the new section of Illinois’ 5th Congressional District.
While touring the restaurant, which opened last year at York and Vallette streets, Quigley flipped burgers, salted fries and made quesadillas in the kitchen during the lunch rush hour. HB Jones is an adventure-themed restaurant that serves American-style cuisine.
Quigley’s Undercover Congressman series has allowed him to "directly connect with constituents in their daily lives and better understand the concerns and challenges they face," according to a news release.
Since taking office in 2009, Quigley has performed a wide range of jobs including delivering mail and pizzas, icing cakes at Dinkel’s Bakery, cleaning pens as a zookeeper at the Lincoln Park Zoo and picking up garbage and recycling with sanitation departments.
More Mobile News
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Glenbard South's madrigal dinner to give taste of past as holidays approach
- Celebrating Thanksgiving at St. Petronille