Hillside man sentenced to 3 years for fatal DUI crash in Addison
WHEATON — DuPage Country State’s Attorney Robert B. Berlin announced March 29 that Michael A. Kainz, 22, of Hillside, was sentenced to three years in prison for causing a traffic accident that led to the death of Robert J. Lash, 46, of Itasca.
Kainz pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated driving under the influence causing death before Judge Blanch
Fawell, who handed down the sentence March 29.
On Nov. 30, 2010, around 6:45 a.m., Kainz was traveling northbound on Addison Road in Addison when he turned left onto Michael Lane and pulled in front of Lash. Lash was traveling southbound on Addison Road and crashed into Kainz’s vehicle on his motorcycle, according to Berlin.
An investigation, led by the Addison Police Department, determined Kainz had cannabis in his system at the time of the crash.
More Local News News
- Moms who want stronger gun laws to hold vigil in Western Springs
- New device at McCook quarry could help explain Nov. 4 earthquake
- Longtime Westmont insurance agent remembered for class, service
- Lemont celebrates Hometown Holiday: 6 photos
- Lombard man, Villa Park gas station owner charged with felony sales tax fraud
- Deja Vu Rack of Lemont to close, cites Goodwill store as reason for decline in business
- Police chase, arrest suspects in alleged Downers Grove armed robbery
- Glenbard North students help hungry with trip to food bank
- Lemont legislators help pass state pension reform bill
- Trans Infinity Orchestra to play holiday tribute show Friday at Lemont High School