Local leaders participate in Mayors for Meals event
|Julie Carco, DuPage Senior Citizens Council Home Delivered Meal Program Manager, presents certificates of appreciation to John W. Valle (left), York Township supervisor, and Joe Cantore, DuPage Forest Preserve District 2 Commissioner. The two men participated in the DuPage Senior Citizens Council's annual Mayors for Meals event, where they delivered food to local seniors. (Photo courtesy of York Township)|
LOMBARD — Last week, John W. Valle, York Township supervisor, and Joe Cantore, DuPage Forest Preserve District 2 commissioner, were presented certificates of appreciation from the DuPage Senior Citizens Council for their participation in the annual Mayors for Meals event.
Mayors for Meals took place on March 20 and 21, and was an opportunity for mayors, village presidents and other elected leaders to serve seniors in the community by delivering Meals on Wheels participants with food for the week.
"Commissioner Cantore and I are proud to be partners with the DuPage Senior Citizens Council and the Meals on Wheels Association of America to fight against senior hunger," Valle said.
More Mobile News
- Quigley: Income tax formula is state’s next fight
- DuPage law enforcement comes together to spread holiday cheer
- Lyons police to distribute gifts for holidays
- Wheaton police warn of coyote attacks
- Kennedy: This is my inspiration at The LeaderShop
- Fey: Berwyn's Depot to be decked for the holidays
- Check out 10 updates on Addison Road construction
- Forno Palese bakery brings old world Italian flavor to Wood Dale
- Anima children's choir of Glen Ellyn to present 'Masters and Mistletoe'
- Glen Ellyn considers increasing salt storage space to prepare for emergencies